Sunday, April 8, 2012

Proof

He is RISEN!

Today is such a special day ... on this day, almost two-thousand years ago, Jesus conquered the grave and PROVED that He IS the son of God ... and in his resurrection, he brought hope and a promise ...

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  John 3:16

Although I was baptized almost 12 years ago, my relationship with Christ only recently became whole during my fight against breast cancer.  Throughout my journey, I spent many hours talking to God.  Many hours praying for guidance.  Many hours praying for my doctors.  Many hours praying for healing.  God heard every one of my prayers ... and He answered them.  Along the way, He spoke to me in so many ways ... all of which gave me the "proof" I needed ... Jesus is REAL, He LIVES, and my life matters to Him.  There is absolutely NO OTHER explanation for my healing and for the story of my journey.

So, on THIS Easter, I give so much thanks for the hope brought to me through Jesus Christ and the PROOF through His resurrection that He LIVES in each of us ...

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.  Peter 1:3

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Blessings and Peace to you always Jill.
Jesus can and does do the impossible and does the things we can't comprehend or understand.

Becky said...

Amen

Kelly said...

Happy Easter Jill!
May your relationship with God continue to grow bringing you and all those around you strength, peace and happiness.
Love,
Kelly

michele said...

When I first read this, I thought - WOW! 12 Years? But then again, Belle was in first grade and is now a senior so that's right. (Starts at Penn State in August) You were such an amazing blessing in her life and I am so grateful that she had you as her teacher and that I was blessed to have you as my friend. The laughter and love you brought into our lives for such a time as that; something we'll never forget. I am so amazed at you and who you have become in Him. Know that we love you and are still praying for you and praising God for all He's doing through you! Hope we might get to see you soon?