Obviously, I haven't written in a long while. As most of you know, November and December are two of the busiest months of the year for our family. My mom's birthday begins the madness, followed by Andrew's birthday in November. In December, my dad's birthday, Christmas, my mother-in-law's birthday, and Maddie's birthday ... among the many holiday parties and gatherings. Needless to say, I have been living life ... enjoying my amazing family and friends!
Of course, with each and every passing day, cancer isn't far from my thoughts. As I reflect on 2012, I am overwhelmed. Honestly, I still cannot believe that this is MY life ... this is MY story. At the beginning of this year, I was nearing the end of eight long rounds of chemotherapy. Then came my bilateral mastectomy, the long process of expansion, and my final reconstructive surgery. And, through it all, I did my very best to continue living my amazingly blessed life ...
Although 2012 was a difficult year, it was also filled with many answered prayers and wonderful memories. As I look ahead, I pray for continued healing. I pray for a year of health and happiness. I pray for LOTS of love and laughter.
So, although cancer IS my story ... LIFE GOES ON ... and I am going to do my best to live it the fullest!
Here's to 2013 ...
1 comment:
Wishing you and yours a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year Jill! Cancer is merely one past chapter in your story. Today, your story is that of a healthy wife, mother and daughter. Have the courage to be the author in your life story.....I know it will be a triumphant one!
Love,
Kelly
Post a Comment