For some people, the very best day of each year falls on the day they were born ... an opportunity to celebrate life ... open gifts ... eat cake ...
For me, EVERY day is the BEST day ever. Of course, it wasn't always that way. Before cancer, I didn't always recognize the beauty in each day. Now, though, it doesn't take a birthday ... I know now that, with each passing day, I am blessed ... beyond measure ...
On this birthday, though, I did celebrate with my family ... and we did eat cake ...
This year, the cake was better than ever before! It was a PERFECT symbol of the past year ... and everything that happened to me ... to us ...
It completely fell apart ... before we even had the chance to eat it!
Now, the cake is gone ... along with my cancer! NO MORE falling apart ... it is time to continue to rebuild our lives ... BIGGER and BETTER than EVER!
So, GOODBYE 34 ... HELLO 35 ...
Happy Birthday to ME!

1 comment:
Your birth....and rebirth...the best two days in my life. I love you. Mom
Post a Comment