Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Forever Friends

Almost 10 years ago, Kathleen and I met in the halls of Forest Hill Elementary in Noblesville, Indiana.  Scott and I had just recently relocated from Florida and I was set to begin the year as a kindergarten teacher.  Among the chaos of setting up my classroom and adjusting to a new school, Kathleen introduced herself and kindly offered her help. Obviously, Kathleen and I quickly became friends and a few short weeks later, our families met for the first time ...

For months, Tim, Kathleen, Abby, Scott, and I spent much of our time together ... always making great memories!  Since then, Maddie, Delaney, and Andrew were born and now our families share a friendship like no other ...

In 2006, after almost three years in Indiana, we returned to Georgia.  Although we were very excited to be home again and close to our families, it was a difficult move for us all! So, we made a promise ... we would never let our friendship fade and we would do our very best to see each other as often as possible ...

For the past six years, we have kept that promise ... seeing each other at least once a year ... and most years, two or three times!  Last week, the Martin family headed south for a FULL week of FUN ...

Delaney, Abby, Andrew, and Maddie ... enjoying the water!

Me & Kathleen ... soaking up the sunshine!

Tim, Kathleen, Me, and Scott ... waiting for the fireworks display on Lake Allatoona!

Abby & Maddie ... forever friends!

The Martin and McNeal Families ... GO BRAVES!

We are so blessed to have such special people in our lives.  In life, it is hard to find the kind of friends we have found in each other ... and I am so very thankful that God brought us all together!

Here's to forever friends ...

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Friends.....you don't need a lot of them, just one good one! I know your renewed health and happiness added to the celebration of your friends visit. I'm so happy for you, Jill!

Love,
Kelly

Steve said...

Friends like that are a treasure that many of us never experience. One of God's blessings for sure.

Love you,
Dad