This morning, we headed to Watermarke Church for the first time in several weeks ... and, for me, it was one of the very BEST messages I've heard ...
If you have been keeping up with my blog, you know that I believe in prayer. I believe that God hears our prayers. But, many times, I have wondered if I am praying "right" ... so, this particular message was especially meaningful to me ...
Red Letter Prayers
Usually, our prayers begin with giving thanks, but quickly shift to a request ... or two ... or three. Now, I know NOT to start by asking, but to recognize that God is in complete control. That He hears my prayers BEFORE I ever speak them. And, when I DSA ... Declare God's greatness, Surrender my will, and Acknowledge my dependence for His provision, pardon, and protection, my prayers will be answered and I will be granted the GREATEST gift of all ... PEACE!
Surprisingly, through my journey with cancer, I have learned to surrender my life to God. And, through prayer, I have found a sense of calm ... of peace ... and of happiness like nothing I have ever experienced. And, now, I have an even better understanding of prayer ... for which I will be forever thankful!
Obviously, I am not Andy Stanley. And, I cannot possibly rewrite his words here. So, I encourage you to check out a portion of the Red Letter Prayers message at the link above. And, when the entire series becomes available, PLEASE check it out ... I believe it will completely change the way you talk to God ...
Here's to Red Letter Prayers ...
1 comment:
I had the pleasure of hearing Stanley speak at a leadership conference I attended a couple of months ago and enjoyed it tremendously. I'll have to check it out further. We all are told to "accept" life's challenges...some I cannot and will not accept. Surrender is what brings peace in difficult situations. Your surrender has brought you bliss and I am happy for you!
Love,
Kelly
Post a Comment