Wednesday, August 8, 2012

365 Days

It has been 365 days since my diagnosis.  365 days.  First of all, I really cannot believe that I am a cancer survivor ... that I had cancer ...  

Looking back on this past year, I feel accomplished.  Honestly, if I can live with a cancer diagnosis, survive eight rounds of chemotherapy, and endure a bilateral mastectomy ... I think I might just be able to do anything ...

Although these past 365 days have been the most difficult of my life, I don't know if I would want things to be any different.  I have learned so much about myself, my husband, my children, and my family and friends ... I feel more blessed than ever before.  I have discovered an unwavering relationship with Jesus Christ ... I know that He was with me every step of the way ... and continues to walk with me through my journey of continued healing.

So, although this day brings back some horrible memories, it is a day to celebrate.  Today I am cancer-free ... I have my charmed life back ... I have a bright future ahead of me ... and I have a much greater appreciation for all of the blessings in my life ...

Here's to August 8, 2012 ...

4 comments:

Becky said...

I am so very proud of you Jill! I too am so very thankful that you are where you are and how you got here. God is with you!

Steve said...

You are awesome! And...all of us who love you have our "charmed" lives because you are in them.

Love,
Dad

debbie said...

A very tough year,but as you said the love of god,family and friends are the important things in life!!! Everyone that knows you and has followed you through this journey knows how precious life is and never take it for granted!!
We love you!
Debbie and Jim

Kelly said...

You had to dig deep this last year, no more living on the surface anymore. A "deeper" understanding of your life and the people you share it with. A new understanding how even the hardest challenges in life are blessings! You are more conscious,couragous,and determined than ever before! That's a lot of growth in one year, imagine the possibilities.....
Love,
Kelly