Wednesday, August 1, 2012

First Day Jitters

Today was a BIG day ... the first day of school!  And, for Andrew, it was the first day of kindergarten!  Of course, BIG days like these inevitably offer a few unavoidable jitters ...

Last night, Andrew told me that he wasn't sure if he was excited.  He said, "I just don't know what it's going to be like."  Little does he know, I was thinking the very same thing.

This morning, though, Andrew jumped out of bed and was ready for the day.  A smile from ear to ear told me that he was going to do just fine ... and that I could actually enjoy my quiet, kid-free house without a bit of guilt.  Now, after a day of kindergarten for Andrew and a day of peace for myself ... we now know what this year will be like ... it's going to be GREAT!

Maddie & Andrew
Third Grade & Kindergarten

And off he goes ...

Tonight I am thankful ... for not completely falling apart and for the gift of this day.  As always, I give thanks to God for giving me these moments ...

Here's to letting go of the first day jitters ...

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I remember this day with Catherine so well. She only went until 12:30 back then but oh! the sense of FREEDOM that I had. My goodness, I could conquer the world in that amount of time without interruptions. I used to refer to it as a "state of uninterruptus". Enjoy, enjoy. Absence does make the heart grow fonder afterall.....
Love,
Kelly

Becky said...

Use the time to get some rest. You deserve it!