Almost a year ago, I stood at the Closing Ceremonies of the Atlanta 3-Day and took this picture ...
And, in my "The Power of Pink" post last October, I wrote this ...
"Next year, at this time, I will walk ... I will stand on that podium ... and I will begin my life as a SURVIVOR!"
Well, this afternoon, I received an email with an invitation to be a part of Opening and Closing Ceremonies. Of course, feeling amazingly honored, I accepted ...
So, in just a few short weeks, my wonderful Princess Warrior team and I will embark on a journey unlike anything we have ever experienced. We will walk 60 miles in three days ... among thousands of other men and women. And, I will have the opportunity to represent my incredible family, my amazing team, and the millions of breast cancer survivors as I carry the "Commitment" flag into Survivor Circle ... symbolizing our determination to finding a cure in our lifetime ...
What an honor ... need I say more?
7 comments:
There are no words to describe how proud I am of you and that you are my incredible daughter. No one deserves this honor more than you!
GOD BLESS YOU AND ALL OF THE FUTURE SURVIVORS!!
I Love You!!!
Dad
Dearest Jill:
You are truly an inspiration to Mothers, Sisters, and Daughters everywhere. Your journey has taught us all about courage, strength, determination, and love. You are incredible Jill. I love you more than you know.
Mom
I just love happy endings...and this is the Happiest of all...for ever and ever!! Journey and You did it!! You made a lot of people proud and happy!! You are my inspiration Jilly!! Love You, Auntie Tissy
I will stand proud watching you on that platform, Jill. You've made it through a very difficult time and come out of it a better person in mind, body and spirit! I'm so proud of all the Princess Warriors and how they carried you through when you were growing into the survivor you are today....
You will represent hope to those still on their journey and determination to see a cure in our future!
Love,
Kelly
Jill, to see you through this past year going through all the pain and all sorts of different emotions was so hard! As time went by the strength and courage you had has been amazing! You truly are an inspiration to us all!! To walk this walk with you will be a treasured memory!
Love Aways,
Debbie
No one is more deserving!!!!! What an inspiration you are to all of us!!! Love you so much!!!
This is very cool, Jill. You are really an inspiration to the rest of us to take whatever life hands you and make the very best of it. It's an honor to know you!
I thank you and the other Princess Warriors and hope you all have an amazing 3 days.
Post a Comment