This morning, in the pouring rain, Scott and I headed to Emory for my routine check-up. Although traffic was crazy, we made it on time and were in and out. As usual, Dr. O'Regan was GREAT ... providing the reassurance I needed ... especially lately ...
For the past few months, I have been experiencing some mild pain in the center of my chest and, at times, down my left arm. It comes and goes and, for the most part, is just a nuisance. Of course, it has definitely been a contributing factor to my anxiety. Today, Dr. O'Regan did a physical exam and has concluded that she is almost certain it is simply surgical pain ... nothing to be concerned about.
As you can imagine, ANY pain I experience becomes a REALLY big deal ... it consumes my thoughts and becomes my focus. Hence, medication. Hopefully, the Effexor my psychiatrist prescribed will help alleviate the fear and anxiety. And, I must admit, Dr. O'Regan's confidence in my "excellent prognosis" is VERY comforting.
Here's to having another appointment behind me ... and continuing to look ahead to a bright future ...
1 comment:
Sounds like great news, Jill! You hang in there baby girl. Soon enough you will be able to ignore that pain you are feeling, it's just going to take time. Think of your pain as proof that the cancer cannot return!
Love,
Kelly
Post a Comment