Thursday, December 22, 2011

Five Down ... Three To Go

Today, for some reason, was a VERY emotional day for me.  Typically, although the days are long, things run rather smoothly and I am able to laugh and enjoy the day ... as much as possible.  This morning was different ...

Everything started off as usual ... blood work and a routine appointment ... then off to the infusion lab for treatment.  Since I started a new drug ... the side-effects are different and I was very apprehensive about it all.  Taxol can cause an allergic reaction ... shortness of breath, hives, back pain ... and I was dreading the possibility.  As a precaution, I was given Benedryl intravenously.  About 30 seconds after it entered my vein, I felt really strange ... almost like I was having an out-of-body experience ... I didn't like it AT ALL!  And, to top it off, I was still completely stressed about the possibility of a reaction to Taxol.  So, the tears started flowing ... and I just couldn't stop.  For me ... this is not the norm ... especially during treatment.  Finally, after the infusion began and I had NO REACTION to the medication ... I felt more relaxed!

Overall, it wasn't all that bad ... MUCH shorter in terms of infusion time ... only 3 hours instead of 5 1/2 ... YEAH!  And, much less anti-nausea medication and fluid ... which makes me feel better!

ROUND 5 ... DONE ...


Tonight, I spent the evening feeling a great deal of relief ... I have only THREE MORE treatments ... everything I am doing has a PURPOSE ... and IT IS WORKING!  Thank God!

Here's the proof ...

THE PROOF ... click for a closer look!

This report was given to me this morning ... and it contains, in doctor lingo, the information from yesterday's mammogram and ultrasound.  Begin reading at "Ultrasound demonstrates ..." and keep in mind, CR stands for "complete response" meaning there is nothing visible via ultrasound ... 

I cannot express, in words, how thankful I am to be responding so well to treatment.  I will admit, chemotherapy is NOT fun ... but, as I have said before, I will do WHATEVER it takes to become a SURVIVOR ... it is absolutely worth it ...

So, raise your CORONA to having only THREE ROUNDS TO GO and, more importantly, to GREAT RESULTS ...

ONLY THREE LEFT!

Here's to answered prayers ... and a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS ...

5 comments:

Becky said...

Cheers my beautiful Princess Warrior...more than half way done! I love you.
Mom

Jenny said...

"I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I cannot feel it. I believe in God even when He is silent"

I love you and am amazed by your strength!

Dymple said...

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family. It is the season of miracles, and I do believe that you are one of God's chosen miracles. It is kind of like the Santa Claus "thing"...If you believe, you receive..

Kelly said...

You are on the downhill, Princess. Hoefully, you will reach your destination with less effort, continue your treatment and reach your goal of cancer free. We are all here for you, Jill. You have indeed experienced a miracle!
Love,
Kelly

GloriaL said...

YEAH!!!!!! So happy to read of your healing Jill!!