Friday, December 30, 2011

Madison Leigh

Eight years ago today, Scott and I began the very BEST journey of our lives ... parenthood! Without a doubt, Maddie has kept us on our toes and brought us more joy than we could have ever imagined ... I thank God every day for bringing her to us!

Today was FULL of fun!  It started early with a trip to the Waffle House for breakfast. Then, just a few hours later, it was off to Hot Wheels, a local roller rink, for Maddie's birthday party ... everyone she invited was able to attend and she was THRILLED!  Finally, we headed home for a family gathering and ... at this moment ... Maddie and Annie, her "cousin" and friend, are fast asleep after a BIG day of FUN!

Of course, Maddie's birthday is another vivid reminder of why I am fighting this fight ... and, as tough as it is at times, it's days like these that make it completely worth it!

Here's to celebrating Maddie for another 50 years ... or more!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Laddie is a very lucky little girl to have you as her Mom. I have no doubt she will be an amazing wonderful young lady and woman just like her Mom.

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Maddie!!!
Jill, I'm so glad you were able to celebrate another birthday with your beautiful daughter, Maddie. It sounds like the day couldn't have been any better! With your recent great news about your response to the meds, I know you will be celebrating for at least another 50 years! Happy New Year to you and your family!
Love,
Kelly