Today marked the first of many appointments in preparation for surgery. Over the next few weeks, we will be making decisions and finalizing plans ... I truly can't believe we have come this far ... I am actually looking forward to it!
This afternoon, Scott and I headed to Piedmont Hospital to meet plastic surgeon, Dr. Joseph Woods. He was AMAZING! Dr. Woods spent almost two hours educating us, answering questions, and offering opinions. I feel SO much more prepared to make a decision ... and am confident, with his expertise, the outcome will be BEAUTIFUL!
After listening to the many surgical options, I am almost certain that I will opt for a double mastectomy with reconstruction. Although it is about a three-month process, I have my WHOLE LIFE ahead of me ... and I don't want to look back and have any regrets.
So, today was a good day ... a great day! I can really see the light at the end of the tunnel ... and it feels AMAZING!
Thank you all, as always, for your continued prayers. I truly feel more and more blessed each day ...
5 comments:
I am so very excited for you sweetie. To have the chemo part of this over will make things so much more manageable. I am counting the days too. I love you so much Jill.
Mom
It sounds like Dr. Woods will be incredible to work with in the creation of your cancer free ta-ta's! I see the reconstruction as a new cup size, but more importantly as the victory you have fought for and won over cancer. They will represent the strengh you have demonstrated in fighting the cancer, the fear you have managed with the courage to face each day and the determination to grow into a survivor. Soon you will be walking with your proud head up and chest out celebrating the rest of your life. Keep your eyes on the light at the end of the tunnel, for each day it will be brighter! I hope your day goes well tomorrow, Princess. I will be thinking and praying for you.
Love,
Kelly
Yeah! I actually have heard of Dr. Woods and his work!! He will do a wonderful job and we pray for his guidence during the surgery!
From a nurse dealing with this for over 31years, a double masectomy with reconstruction is the best option. Removing both breast eliminates the risk of developing cancer in a remaining breast. You have done great Jill. Praying for your peace of mind and strength to persevere. Cancer free for life after all you have gone through.
Sandra
From a nurse dealing with this for over 31years, a double masectomy with reconstruction is the best option. Removing both breast eliminates the risk of developing cancer in a remaining breast. You have done great Jill. Praying for your peace of mind and strength to persevere. Cancer free for life after all you have gone through.
Sandra
Post a Comment