At the time of surgery, I will have all of my breast tissue removed and will have a temporary expander placed in each breast. Each expander is equipped with a port. After recovery from surgery, approximately every 2 weeks, I will visit my plastic surgeon, who will add fluid to each of the tissue expanders. Once I reach my desired breast size, a final 10% of additional fluid will be added and I will wait approximately 4 weeks until my FINAL surgery. At that time, the permanent implant will be placed ...
Although I am not looking forward to the surgery itself ... I know the day of surgery marks my first official CANCER-FREE day ... and nearly the end of this incredibly difficult journey.
Of course, I am most anxious about the pathology report that will be delivered a few days after surgery. This report will give us ALL of the details regarding the remaining cancer, if any, found in my breast tissue and/or lymph nodes. At this point, I am praying for the best possible outcome ... a complete pathological response. Although it isn't likely, it doesn't hurt to dream ... right?
So, PLEASE continue to pray ... for success in my final two treatments AND surgery ...

7 comments:
I've never stopped praying. I know this is all very scary. After tomorrow...just one more treatment. Each step takes you closer to the end of the nightmare. You have every reason to believe that your pathology results will be good. Keep focused on that. I love you.
Mom
Jill,
God performs miracles daily and we will continue to pray for a miracle when it comes to your report! God is faithful!
Praying always! Love you girl!
Praying praying praying!
Praying praying praying!
All of your lab work has come back very positive, with optimal results. Your pathology will come back clean, I can feel it in my bones!
Now, stop worrying about the pathology and start daydreaming about those new ta ta's you'll be getting! (. .)
Love,
Kelly
When you are scared and unsure just look back at all of the many big and small signs you have been given over the course of your journey. Virtually ALL have been positive, from finding it early and small, to positive responses to treatment, to the way you were led to your surgeon, to the positive people you have met in the most unusual of ways. Only GOD could have done those things! HE and WE and YOU have much more to do around here. The pathology is already negative..it's just a matter of confirming it.
I love you my dear Princess,
Dad
Post a Comment