Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Survivors

Tonight, as I prepare for tomorrow's treatment, I find myself thinking about the many, many, many people whose lives have been forever changed by cancer ... the many, many, many SURVIVORS that experience this overwhelming journey ...

Just a few hours ago, I had the chance to talk with John, a wonderful man who just received GREAT news ... he is CANCER-FREE after completing treatment for esophageal cancer.  We talked about life with cancer and how much we have been changed by it ...

At the end of our conversation, he mentioned a WONDERFUL song by Matthew West ... Survivors.  Of course, I had to hear it ... and was able to find it on YouTube.  I think it might just be my new favorite song ...

Survivors - Matthew West

With just 29 days until my last treatment and less than two months from surgery ... each day brings me closer to becoming one of the millions of cancer SURVIVORS living life to the fullest!  So, when that time comes ... my car windows will be down and you will hear this song LOUD and CLEAR!

Here's to tomorrow ... another opportunity to fight ... and to being REALLY close to the finish line ...

Keep the prayers coming ... PLEASE ... God is listening ...

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Tomorrow while you are in treatment, I pray you can close your eyes, relax and feel God as he brings healing to you through your meds. God does not always come to us quite how we expected, and I hope you can feel His presence as you continue through this chapter in your life. My thoughts and prayers are always with you, Scott and the children.
Love,
Kelly

Rebecca McNeal said...

Jill - I had a great visual while listening to "Survivor" - next summer, on the boat with the speakers blaring while you are "surfing" and celebrating!!! Here's to the Warrior Princess in the new year - HUGS!

Becky said...

Amazing....and so are you. I love you.
Mom

debbie said...

Great song!! I too see you jumbing those waves on your wake board and riding them high on the surf board!!! Until then, you are doing that in your own way at Emory!! CHEERS to you and all our prayers that are being answered!!!
Love you!