Thursday, January 5, 2012

Neulasta

OOPS ... I forgot to mention a small piece of news I received today ...

As a result of my low blood counts this week, I will need an injection 24 hours after my infusions ... from this point on.  Neulasta works to reduce the risk of infection by boosting the production of white blood cells.  Most importantly, it should allow me to stay on my current treatment schedule ... finishing on February 2nd ...

The negative ... this medication can cause intense bone and muscle pain.  It has been described to me in several different ways ... "It's like getting run over by a truck!" ... "You will feel like you have a terrible case of the flu!"  FUN!  Of course, there are thousands of women who have little or no side-effects from the injection ...

So, I will take Advil or Tylenol and pray for the very best!

Here's to being hopeful ...

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh Jill, I hate to hear you may be in any discomfort or pain! It could be time to put on your war paint,Princess, this next month could be tough. We will pray for the best. You are on the last leg of your journey, take it day by day and let others care for you if you need. We are all ready to help in any way. Take care, Princess, sending support and prayers your way.
Love,
Kelly

Becky said...

Please please let me know if I can do anything! You have managed to do so well so far. Maybe it won't be the really bad stuff. I love you. Mom

debbie said...

Every single one of us are by your side! We will all help you through this till the end and the end is almost here!
Love you!!

GloriaL said...

It will just be like you had taken a BodyAttack, BodyPump, BodyStep, BodyJam, BodyCombat and RPM class in one day!! You can do it!!! I'll be praying for no side effects!!!!!