Overall, today went quite well! We arrived a few minutes late ... Atlanta traffic can be a little unpredictable at times! Before having my blood drawn, I ran the stairs again ... I wanted to ensure that I would receive treatment. It worked ... my counts were about 3,000 points higher than last time. Of course, the Neulasta injection obviously had a great effect as well! Next came my routine appointment with Dr. O'Regan. Well, I had an slight emotional breakdown ... which has been the norm lately. For me, it is very unusual, though. As I have said before, I am not overly emotional and it takes quite a bit to make me cry. Coming to the end of chemotherapy is, in many ways, bitter sweet. Obviously, I am THRILLED to be so close to the finish line, but am also fearful of what the future holds. I want, more than anything, to put this behind me and move forward, cancer-free, for the rest of my life. Hopefully, the pathology report at the time of surgery will provide some reassurance ...
For now, I have made a promise to myself to stay OFF the Internet and focus, as much as possible, on the GREAT chance I have to beat this ... forever ...
So, thankfully ... ROUND 7 ... DONE ...
As I sit here writing tonight, I am enjoying my Corona ... as usual ...
ONLY ONE LEFT ...
As you probably remember, this has been my routine from the very beginning ... in hopes of curbing the potentially terrible side-effects from these harsh drugs. Well, I must admit ... for me, it has ABSOLUTELY worked! Overall, I have felt quite well. Most recently, with the change from Cisplatin to Taxol, I have noticed a significant difference. Although my hair is thinning rather quickly, I feel more able to carry on with my daily life than I did previously. Luckily, the Neulasta injection caused only a small amout of bone pain that was easily masked by Advil. So, I anticipate a similar experience in the next few days ...
As always, THANK YOU all for EVERYTHING! Your prayers are greatly appreciated ... God is listening and He is GREAT ...
Here's to making the last turn of the race and to reaching the finish line in just 14 days ...


5 comments:
You are seriously the strongest woman I know and I truly look up to you..you have made it so far! I am so proud of you and excited that in a few short weeks this will all be behind you! Go Jill!
It is hard for me to believe this part of your journey to wellness will be complete in two weeks! Oh, and don't worry about the emotional breakdowns....I've lived with them for years, you'll get used to them! :) Crying is like bathing, you have to do it every now and then or life will stink! It's a cleansing and you'll always feel better after a good cry!
Stay the course, Princess, you will celebrate victory soon!
Love,
Kelly
I completely understand your anxiety about the future my sweet daughter...but as you look forward, you cannot allow cancer to define you. Remember, you HAD cancer...it did not have YOU. March on Princess Warrior. I love you. Mom
Like I said at the beginning, all of your Warriors are beside you till the end!!! You, PRINCESS are leading all the way to VICTORY!!!!!
Love you!
Just found a quote I really like..."Every single thing you are living right now, no matter how difficult, is here to help you to become the most empowered person you can possibly imagine". Mandy Ingber
Post a Comment