Friday, February 10, 2012

Laughter

As many of you probably already know, one of the best things you can do when fighting cancer is LAUGH ...

Well, I have had a very difficult time finding humor in life these days.  Obviously, I LOVE to laugh, but when every other thought is consumed by fear ... it can be difficult.  Last night, though, Scott made me laugh ... really laugh ...

The kids were in bed and we were watching television, enjoying a little relaxation and a glass of wine.  For whatever reason, I realized that my surgery is just three weeks away. So, I looked at Scott and said, "You know, three weeks from tomorrow, I won't have breasts anymore ... at least not real breasts."  He quickly turned to me and said, "When did you have breasts?"

It was REALLY funny ... probably because it is SO true!  Thank you, Scott, for the GREAT laugh!  I needed it ...

3 comments:

Becky said...

LMAO...ya gotta love Scott's sense of humor. Thanks for the laugh! Love you both. Mom

Kelly said...

Isn't it funny how we see ourselves differently from how those around us see us??
Let's just say you have nothing to lose and everything to gain in this next phase of your journey to wellness and wholeness! Hahahahahaha.....yes, it's good to laugh again I'm sure...laughter is the BEST medicine after all...
Wishing you a hilarious day!
Love,
Kelly

Kelly said...

Isn't it funny how we see ourselves differently from how those around us see us??
Let's just say you have nothing to lose and everything to gain in this next phase of your journey to wellness and wholeness! Hahahahahaha.....yes, it's good to laugh again I'm sure...laughter is the BEST medicine after all...
Wishing you a hilarious day!
Love,
Kelly