Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Soft & Supple

Tomorrow, I will FINALLY have the opportunity to put an end to the lengthy, uncomfortable process of breast reconstruction.  For over five months, my body has been invaded by tissue expanders.  While they have served their purpose, I am TRILLED to be getting rid of them ... FOREVER!

My surgery is scheduled for 8:00 in the morning at Piedmont Hospital.  Assuming everything goes as planned, I should be headed home around lunch time.  Of course, while I am looking very forward to soft and supple, I am not trilled to be bringing home drains. At least I have my trusty pouch and shoelace to help make me a little more comfortable ...

     The pouch carries the drains so they don't dangle out of my clothing ... gross!  
The shoelace makes showering SO much easier ... pin them on and carry on!

It's crazy to think about how far I have come over the past year.  It's crazy to finally be at the end of this horrific experience.  It might be even crazier to think about coming home with boobs ... bigger and better than they have ever been ...

Here's to the end of this nightmare ... and to soft and supple boobs ...

4 comments:

Carrie McClure said...

Love It!!!

Becky said...

Bravo little warrior!

Becky said...

Bravo little warrior!

Kelly said...

The End.

And she lived happily ever after...



Love,
Kelly