Well, the countdown to surgery is here ... just one week until I undergo a bilateral mastectomy and begin the process of reconstruction. Although I haven't been all that concerned about the surgical aspect of this journey, my nerves are beginning to get the best of me. Of course, I am looking forward to the final pathology report and am so very hopeful that I will receive the results I have fought to achieve. The reality is, though ... after next Friday, I will be physically and emotionally changed forever ...
This should be amazingly EXCITING ... and in many ways it is ... new BOOBS and CANCER-FREE! However, it is overwhelming to think about the importance of the success of the surgery and the shift in my journey ... from fighter to survivor.
So, this week, I will continue to pray for my amazing doctors, for excellent results, and for healing. Please pray with me ...
5 comments:
I will pray for your calm and inner peace going into your reconstructive phase of your journey.
Remember, you have been blessed throughout your journey thus far, in so many ways and your blessings will continue, Princess.
Love,
Kelly
Praying for you always!!! Hugs!
You got this Jill! I love you.
Mom
You are going to do GREAT! You are already a survivor!
Hi Jill,
You don't know me. But, I heard about your journey and your blog through a neighbor who knows your Mom.
I too, am a breast cancer survivor. I just want to tell you what an amazing, brave and courageous young woman you are! I was so touched reading your blog!
I discovered in reading your blog that your breast surgeon is Dr. William Barber! He was my doctor as well! Also, like you, I initially thought that Dr. Carlson would be my doctor. Well, the timing of his schedule just wasn't working for me and I ended up in Dr. Barber's care. God does answer prayer and I'm so very grateful that He led me to Dr. Barber! Words cannot adequately express what a wonderful doctor he is and the blessing that he was to me and my husband during my journey. He still is!
I'm sending you, via my neighbor (Julie) a set of pillows and a drain bag to take with you to the hospital when you have your mastectomy. A friend of mine, who is also a breast cancer survivor, gave a set to me before my mastectomy. I found them to be so handy and such a comfort that as a way to pay it forward, I decided to make them and give them to other women who were making this journey.
I typically, pass them along to the patients of Dr. Barber and Dr. Namnoum's (my plastic surgeon) And, when I hear from friends, neighbors and family of other women who are facing this journey, I try to share the pillows and bags with them as well. I hope that you will find them helpful too!
I'll be praying that God will heal you and give you courage and strength as you continue on your road to recovery and becoming a SURVIVOR!
Blessings to you and your beautiful family,
Doris
P.S. Thank you so very much for sharing the Survivor Song by Matthew West! I LOVED IT!
Post a Comment