Thursday, February 2, 2012

Humbled

Tonight, in the spirit of my LAST treatment, I decided to step up my Corona tradition.  So, rather than drinking alone, Scott and I invited our Redbud Terrace family to join us in a toast ... and a celebration of this amazing milestone ...

Well, I cannot begin to express how humbled I was to be surrounded by 27 of my neighbors ... offering congratulations, words of encouragement, and LOTS of hugs. Through this journey, these amazing friends have been by my side EVERY step of the way ... providing delicious meals after each of my treatments, offering their unwavering friendship, and continually praying for my healing.  Words just cannot express how thankful I am for Redbud Terrace and the amazing people here that have touched my life in so many ways ... I am one lucky girl!

To top of this day, my RBT family gave me a sweet, sweet gift ...

Absolutely a reason to celebrate ... 

 My Princess Warrior logo ...

Signed by my RBT family ...

Needless to say, this day was more than I could have hoped for ... so, thank you RBT, from the bottom of my heart ...

It's EMPTY!

Here's to celebrating the END of chemotherapy with the best neighbors a girl could ask for ...

8 comments:

Jenny said...

I am so happy that this part of your journey is behind you! What an inspiration you have been to us all! I love the saying... "Love Conquers Cancer"... So VERY true!!

Alisha said...

Love that you have such supportive street of friends!! They are wondeful!!

Becky said...

I am speechless and so very, very thankful for the amazingly wonderful friends you have surrounding you with love and compassion. Jill...you are so loved and admired. You are truly an inpiration to everyone...especially the women who have to fight the battle you are fighting. We are with you, your Doctors are with you...God is with you. I love you.
Mom

debbie said...

So very happy that you are done with the chemo!! These bright and sunny days have been ordered up just for you!!!
There is so much to be said for wonderful friendships and it is so comforting to know you have some of the best!!! You are so blessed to have them all in your life as we are so very blessed to have you in ours!!!
Love you!

Kelly said...

The shirt looks awesome on you Jill! I'm hoping you truely feel the love that the shirt represents, the circle of love was tangible last night. I watched real people come out of their homes and gather around you, one by one put their arms around you to transfer their love and support to you. We walk this jouney with you, Jill. Celebrate and pass on the love in your life! Have a good one!
Love,
Kelly

Susan said...

I love it too! What would the world be without the love and support of wonderful friends and you certainly have them!

Steve said...

It is truly awesome to see that such love, compassion, and camaraderie still live in today's world. And YOU, my dear, are the type of incredible person who inspires and sustains it. I am so proud that you are my daughter, the Princess Warrior! Praise be to God for all who support you on the road to VICTORY!

I Love You!!!!!!!!!!
Dad

Judy Hausfeld said...

Jill: We haven't met, but a mutual friend forwarded Catherine's email about the 3 day to us. We support all of you and pray especially for you and your family during this time and especially on 3/2 for a successful surgery. We are neighbor/friends of Jim and Kelly Carlin in Blue Ridge! You are an amazing young woman...and quite an inspiration to ALL women!!Blessings