FINALLY, I had the last of my "abnormal" moles removed at dermatologist's office this morning. It was one of four ... and that is only the beginning of the FUN I've had over the past several weeks ...
After recovering from surgery, I decided that it was time to schedule all of my routine appointments ... dermatologist, dentist, eye doctor, and gynecologist. Of those, only ONE was "normal" and the remainder had some sort of negative result ...
First, I headed to the eye doctor. While I did have some vision changes during treatment, I was certain things were returning to normal and it would be a good time to reorder my much-needed contact lenses. Well, at that appointment, I was told that I had a slight hemorrhage in my left eye. I would need to have it rechecked in a few weeks. So, I did just that ... and, thankfully, everything is now normal!
Next, I paid a visit to my dermatologist, Norma. She removed three moles from my back and one off of my left breast ... ALL of which were abnormal. So, for the past six weeks, I have been having these pesky things cut off ... one by one ... and I have been stitched more than I care to think about! Finally, though, I don't have to see Norma for six months!
Then, I had my teeth cleaned! This was the ONLY appointment that had a positive outcome. Actually, my dentist was VERY pleased with the health of my teeth and gums. Chemotherapy can cause dry mouth and, as a result, significant dental issues. Fortunately, though, my teeth are healthy and I am scheduled for another cleaning in six months!
Finally, I scheduled an appointment with a new gynecologist. The appointment went well and I was told that unless I received a call, everything was normal. Well, on Tuesday of this week, my phone rang ... AND ... abnormal! Of course, I was just about in a FULL panic when the nurse calmed my fears. My HPV test was negative, which means NO sign of cancer. And, apparently there are MANY reasons to have the presence of abnormal cells ... chemotherapy is one of them, of course. So, I am not scheduled for another exam until next year!
Of course, all of these "abnormal" results were cause for concern ... at least in my eyes. So, I sent my oncologist an email ... and, as always, she quickly responded and provided the reassurance I needed. According to Dr. O'Regan, everything I am experiencing is normal considering what I have been through. So, no need to worry ... my body is healing ... and hopefully "abnormal" will become a thing of the past VERY soon!
As always, I am so thankful for ALL of the doctors in my life ...
Here's to normal ... someday ...
1 comment:
My sweet child. I am so very sorry you are continuing to experience fear after all you have been through. I am pleased for your ultimate results...but am heartsick about what you had to go through waiting on answers. I, too, am very thankful for all your amazing doctors. I love you. Mom
Post a Comment