Thursday, October 13, 2011

Buddy

Today, I had the opportunity to spend most of the day with my buddy, Andrew ...

This morning, the weather was beautiful ... Andrew and I headed to Berry Patch Farms for his preschool field trip.  We took a hayride, wandered through the pumpkin patch, and had a nice picnic lunch.  And, of course, Andrew spent some much needed time on the playground ...

My Buddy

My Buddy & Me

As we searched the pumpkin patch for the perfect pumpkin ... Andrew just could NOT find what he was looking for ... until ... 

Andrew's Gourd

Andrew has an unusual personality ... he truly makes me smile ... and the gourd he chose is a symbol of his uniqueness ... LOVE him!  

We had a GREAT time at the pumpkin patch, but Andrew just wasn't ready for our time together to end.  So, he insisted that we take a "stroller ride" before Maddie got home from school ... and we did just that ... 

Please remember, Andrew is almost five years old and really has no business in a stroller! But, he absolutely loves to ride through the neighborhood ... for me, it's a GREAT workout and, more importantly, some special time with my buddy ... 

Here's to a wonderful day ... and a very blessed one, too ... 

5 comments:

Becky said...

Fantastic! So sweet. Wonderful memories. That's what it's all about. I love you.
Mom

Becky said...

Beautiful boy. Beautiful Mom.

Rebecca McNeal said...

What a great way to spend the day - tell Andrew that is the BEST gourd I have seen - and the stroller ride around the neighborhood - wish I was there with you! A ride with the warrior princess - what more could a guy want?? I love you guys!

debbie said...

What a fun day!!! I sure do love my daughter-in-law and grandson!!!

Kelly said...

Only Andrew could find the beauty in his very special gourd! Both of you look full of happiness to be spending time with each other.
Life is good.....enjoy!

Love,
Kelly