Today, we took our annual trip to Berry Patch Farms as a family. As usual, we met Matt, Tiffanie, and Taylor for a morning of FUN! Afterward, we drove to the North Georgia mountains for a hike up Amicalola Falls with my Girl Scout troop. It was a family affair and everyone had a GREAT time!
The only thing that could have made this weekend any better would be CANCER-FREE status! I know that time is coming, but until then, I fully intend to use my Dammit Doll for days that aren't as wonderful as the past few have been ...
This doll was given to me on Friday by an amazingly kind woman. We met, of all places, at the car wash. After all of the rain, my car was in desperate need of some TLC ... and, to my surprise, Towne Lake Carwash was sponsoring a fundraiser for breast cancer research. So, while we waited, Andrew and I had the opportunity to see GIGI, the big PINK fire truck, and to meet the owner of The Pink Ribbon Link. She introduced me to the Dammit Doll and, after I shared the news of my diagnosis, she gave me my very own doll to help see me through these many months of treatment ...
CLICK TO READ
Here's to a wonderful weekend ... and no need for my adorable Dammit Doll ...
3 comments:
When this is all over, we will have a special ceremony for that doll, dammit! I love you.
Mom
Dammit!!!!!!!
I need one of those!!!!!
I know her stuffing will last a long, long time!
So happy to hear you are enjoying all the blessings in your life!
Love,
Kelly
I love this!!!!
Post a Comment