It's Halloween ...
As a child, this was always one of my favorite holidays ... the opportunity to become someone or something else was always very exciting ... and now, as a mother, I truly enjoy watching my kids as they dress in their costumes and hit the streets ...
This year, though, I wish I could be someone else, too ... just for one night ... no cancer, just the freedom of a care-free, disease-free life ...
Of course, it's not that simple ... for me, getting to that point again is a journey ... and a very difficult one ... but, I must remind myself that I am stronger than my disease and that, in time, I will find happiness ... peace ... and true JOY in being ME and living a very blessed life ...
3 comments:
Life is full of tricks and treats, but like Halloween, they come and go so quickly we can't believe we spent so much time thinking about it. One thing we can all count on is the state of perpetual change we experience in life. Your cancer is changing (shrinking), let it do it's thing so you can do yours which is celebrating the wonderful, blessed life you have.
Love,
Kelly
You will find happiness,peace,and true joy I promise you! I really do!
This, too, shall pass.
Post a Comment