Although just a week or so ago, I was completely OVER the pink ... I had the wonderful opportunity to witness the finish of the Susan G. Komen 3-Day For the Cure in Atlanta ... and my LOVE for PINK has returned ...
As I stood watching thousands of men and women complete the 3-day, 60-mile walk ... I realized what an amazing impact PINK has on finding a CURE for breast cancer! With around 2,300 walkers ... an astonishing 6.5 MILLION DOLLARS was raised ... for research, for programs ... for HOPE that one day breast cancer will be a thing of the past!
These women walked ... and are survivors themselves ...
Next year, at this time, I will walk ... I will stand on that podium ... and I will begin my life as a SURVIVOR!
Here's to PINK ... and LOTS of it ...
3 comments:
Pink is the sweet, soft color of so many beautiful things....including the color of all the warriors you "walk" beside fighting with you against this disease.
This year you have walked with your spirit, next year you will walk with your feet. Each step, a celebration of your victory!
Love,
Kelly
Such a wonderful thing to see!! So much love, so much hope, happiness and a CURE!!!! I am walking that walk with my amazing daughter-in-law !! Jim and I love you and we are with you all the way!!
You will be up there and all of us who are with our Princess Warrior will be loud and proud. Counting the days until you get to say "survivor". I love you Jill.
Mom
Post a Comment