Throughout this journey, I have been touched by the kindness of others ... I have had the privilege of meeting many wonderful people ... and I truly believe that God has placed some very special "angels" in my path ...
Most recently, I met Sarah ...
Sarah and I met for the first time during my second infusion ... she came into the lab and was seated next to me. It was her first treatment ...
Immediately, I noticed how young she was ... of course, when you are diagnosed with a life-threatening disease, you feel like you are the ONLY one ... and, for me, when I meet someone around my age, I feel an instant connection ...
So, during that meeting, we talked ... Sarah is 39 years old and fighting triple-negative breast cancer ...
We shared a little about ourselves and our families, but didn't have the opportunity to talk much more, until yesterday ...
On the day of treatment, I always stop at the lab for my blood draw first ... and, much to my surprise, Scott and I ran into Sarah and her husband. We started talking when Scott made a connection. While finishing some computer work at the Starbucks near our house, he saw Sarah ... just the day before ...
Of course, this sparked more conversation ... and, much to our surprise, we learned that they live in our neighborhood ... just another typical couple, raising young children, fighting cancer ...
If you have been reading my blog or have researched triple-negative breast cancer, you know that it is a much less common cancer ... and through this journey, I have been blessed to know a few women who are survivors ... and now, I have Sarah ...
I cannot thank God enough for bringing these "angels" into my life ... for helping me realize that I can FIGHT and WIN ... and that I am NOT alone ...
Here's to my neighbor ... and my newest friend ...
6 comments:
You are never alone. But, I understand the comfort in meeting those who understand better than we do what you are going through. There is no way for us who love you to fully comprehend what you are going though. God has placed angels in your path. I will include Sarah in my prayers for you. I love you.
Mom
Wow Jill! This is Beautiful! Thank you! I felt the same way about you. Another angel God put in my path as I face this journey. Love and prayers.
Sarah
Quite serendipitous, isn't it?? The definition of serendipity is
1.) a seeming gift for finding something (someone?) good accidentally. Or 2.) luck or good fortune in finding something (someone?) good accidentally. I have to believe this will be a future story of Faith and the Belief in a higher power to carry you through life's challenges. A "comrade in arms" to strenghen you in your battle. You may have been an only child, but now you will have a true sister in life, for the rest of your life. Another unseen gift in your journey.
Love,
Kelly
Wow, more proof that God is watching over you, and Sarah. The two of you will give each other the kind of support that only you and she can. Like your Mom said, those of us who love you more than anything still cannot walk in your shoes. If only we could...
I too, will include Sarah in my prayers. I Love YOU!!!
Dad
omg, you guys are making me cry. My mom called to tell me she had read this and how special it was, so I thought I'd reread it again to brighten my day and saw Kelly and Dad's comments! So beautiful. Prayers all around!
Thinking of you, Jill!
Love,
Sarah
You have always been the most strong hearted person. I know that you will come out on top!! Everyone you meet is for a reason. I do and will be praying for you. YOU will have your dreams come true!!!!
Love,
Aubs
Post a Comment