It's funny ... as we approach the two-month mark, I actually feel more fortunate than I ever have ...
At first, it was very difficult to be around people ... even my own precious children. As I walked around "with cancer" ... everyone else went on with their normal days ... doing normal things ... finding happiness in everyday life. I didn't ...
Now, though, I do ... and my perspective on life is much more grand than I ever expected! Truthfully, by this point, I thought I would want nothing more than to trade places with someone else ... for cancer to be somebody else's life story ...
Instead, I am choosing to embrace it ... to take this challenge that God has given me and make the most of it! In life, so many times, people are never given a second chance ... I have been ... and I know that, once I get through this, I will be stronger ... better ... and so ready to live the life God has given me ... to the fullest!
Here's to a beautiful life ... even with cancer ...
5 comments:
Go Jill!
Oh Jill!! You needed time to absorb the blow. You needed time to grieve "the old Jill". You needed time to ask, why me? You needed time to learn to see your life with a new perspective. You needed time to grow into "the new Jill". She's a smart, grateful and loving survivor who can experience her life and all the wonderful people in it with more meaning than ever before!
That's a lot to accomplish in two months!
Love,
Kelly
You ROCK my little warrior! Keep fighting! We are all beside you.
Love Mom
Wow, what an awesome outlook on things from a truly INCREDIBLE person. My little girl!
God loves YOU....and so do I!!!!
Dad
You are such a BRAVE warrior! You WILL come out ahead - even if it is as a different person. Our daily prayers continue for you, your family and your journey.
Post a Comment