Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Restless

Until next Thursday, life will continue as usual ... just waiting until I can tackle my second round of treatment ...

Luckily, I feel GREAT physically ... no complaints ... emotionally, though, I am getting a little restless ... I am not very good at the waiting game ...

I'm ready ... ready for my next infusion and more than ready to be one step closer to the finish line.  While I do feel "safe" at this stage in the game, I also feel an overwhelming amount of anxiety about the future.  I am eager to know the outcome of chemotherapy ... and surgery ... I just want to hear the words "cancer-free" from my oncologist and my surgeon.  At that point, I pray that I can begin to really live again ...

For now, I am trying to cherish every moment with my family and friends ... and enjoy the little things ... it really is amazing how much more they mean to me now ...

Here's to life ... and it's wonderful blessings ...

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."
-Robert Brault

4 comments:

Christin said...

Hang in there! You are doing great!!!! Keeping you and your fight in my prayers!

LaDonna said...

Jill, one of my favorite sayings is:When something bad happens you have 3 choices, you can let it define you, let it destroy you or let it strengthen you. I know the waiting is hard but, time flies whether you are having fun or not so you will be cancer free before you know it! Enjoy~

Becky said...

Hang in there Jill..."this too shall pass". You are amazingly strong and resilient. I, too, am counting the days until this is over for you. I love you.
Mom

debbie said...

Jill, you are so strong and you are doing everything right!! You will hear those words of cancer free!! We all are beside you everyday until you do!! Love you!