Wednesday, March 7, 2012

From Fighter to Survivor

This afternoon, we received the most WONDERFUL news from my breast surgeon's office ...

"Jill's pathology results are in ... they found nothing ... she achieved a pathologic complete response."

These are the words I have been fighting for ... for over six months.  So, what does it mean?  A pathologic complete response is defined as the absence of any residual tumor cells in a histologic evaluation of a tumor specimen.  So, after surgery, the removed tissue was carefully dissected and NO CANCER was found!  This is the absolute BEST result possible for anyone fighting cancer AND, in my case, was also the desired outcome for Dr. O'Regan's study ... all around GREAT, GREAT news!

Today, I am officially a SURVIVOR ... and I give EVERY BIT of thanks to God ...

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Awesome!!!

Peace to you always.

Becky said...

It takes a fighter to become a survivor. You win!!!!! Love you.
Mom