Tuesday, March 27, 2012

View from Above

So, as I look down ... I see something different ... I see SOMETHING!  As of this morning, my boobs are officially bigger than they were prior to my mastectomy.  Although, I am convinced that I came out of surgery with larger breasts ...

Today, I had my first expansion with my plastic surgeon ... and it was pretty amazing ...

As I explained in a previous post, each expander is equipped with a magnetic port.  So, first Dr. Woods located the port and then marked each breast.  Then, he inserted a needle, which was attached to a syringe and a bag of saline.  Finally, he pressed the fluid into each breast until the tissues were tight ... 40 cc of additional saline in each side, to be exact. Luckily, my chest is completely numb ... so I felt nothing except pressure ... no pain whatsoever!

Honestly, I would LOVE to post a photo ... because the view from above is VERY exciting. Unfortunately, I am not sure my sweet husband would approve ...

Anyhow, here's to a GREAT day ... and to much more pleasant doctor visits ...

4 comments:

Carrie McClure said...

Love it!!! You look awesome!!! Happy times ONLY for you now!!! Yeah!!

Becky said...

It's a damned shame that you had to go through all that you did to get those new boobs you always wanted! You look wonderful! Love you.
Mom

Kelly said...

Boobalicious is what we'll be calling you now. I'm a little envious of those perky new boobs!
I think I am as excited about seeing your eyebrows and eyelashes too! You looked wonderful today when I saw you! My heart is full of joy for you Jill!
Love,
Kelly

GloriaL said...

Woohoo!!