Sunday, March 25, 2012

Reminders

This afternoon, I headed to Kroger with the kids to get a few things for the upcoming week.  As I was walking down the coffee aisle, I noticed a familiar face.  It only took a few seconds before I realized who the young woman was ... Dana Poole.

If you have been following my blog, you may recognize her name.  If not, please read "Anything But Routine" from September 9, 2011 ... that day was such a wonderful blessing.

Dana looks great and seems very happy, which is wonderful!  She has almost completed the process of reconstruction and, although she isn't completely finished, she is far beyond the most difficult part of treatment.  Just as it was many months ago ... it is comforting to know that there are young breast cancer survivors out there ... women, like Dana, living their lives happily.  Now, as I begin to get back to life ... doing everyday things ... I am so very thankful for reminders like this ... given to me by God ...

Dana & Me

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I don't believe your story could play out any better. It almost seems unreal the way "little angels" enter your life at just the right time, giving you a glimpse of what will be.... It's amazing.
Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Kelly