Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Rainbow of Promise

Throughout this journey, I have been given so much hope ... most of which, I believe, has been provided to me through signs from God ...

Here is the latest ...

Even if you aren't very familiar with the bible, I would bet you know the story of Noah's Ark ...

In the Book of Genesis, God sees the wickedness of man and is grieved by his creation, resolving to send a great flood to cleanse the Earth.  God directs Noah to build a seaworthy ark.  Once Noah's work is complete and all of the animals are onboard, the floods begin and continue for 40 days and 40 nights.  Once the water recedes and dry land appears, Noah, his family, and the animals leave the ark to repopulate the Earth. And then, God says to Noah, "Look up in the sky."  As Noah looked up, he noticed that the storm clouds had drifted away, the sun was shining, and against the dark grey sky, God made a brilliant rainbow.  God said, "You see, I have set my rainbow in the sky.  This will be the sign of the covenant I have made with you and all creatures, never again to destroy the Earth.  It will always remind us of the promise between you and me."

Shortly after Dr. Barber completed his portion of my surgery, he came out to share the news with my family ... "Jill's lymph nodes are clear and there is no visible tumor in the removed tissue."

Just a few minutes later, Scott walked outside ... and this is what he saw ...


I have weathered the storm, the dark grey clouds have been lifted, and God sent a rainbow as his promise ... a symbol of hope ... of the bright future that lies ahead ...

Here's to rainbows ... and God's promise ...

4 comments:

Sandra said...

God is Enough!
Thank You God for healing Jill!

Sandra said...

God is Enough!
Thank You God for healing Jill!

Becky said...

Beautiful, beautiful rainbow. Prayers answered. I love you Jill.
Mom

debbie said...

And you should have seen the smile on Scott's face when he saw the rainbow!!! It was worth another rainbow!!!
Love you, Pappy