Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hats

Well ... I am sure you are all curious ... am I BALD yet?  Nope ... not completely ... and I don't have the heart to cut what little IS remaining ...




Obviously, it is REALLY thin ... and not very attractive.  But, throw on a hat and it's really not too noticeable.  Of course, I have two treatments remaining ... so, more than likely, there won't be much left by the time I reach the finish line.  For now, though ... bring on the HATS ...


This detail of my journey has been one of the most difficult for me ... I HATE looking sick ... and as my hair thins, I can't help but see a cancer patient in my reflection.  YUCK!  Very soon, I will be on the other side of chemotherapy and can look forward to sporting a REALLY cute pixie cut ...

Here's to hats ...

6 comments:

debbie said...

Jill, your as cute as ever. Were just glad your feeling so good and have a smile on your face. just keep smiling! No one will notice anything else. Wear your hat with pride!! Your winning......Besides, bald is not so bad.
Love you,
Jim

debbie said...

I've always loved you in hats!!!!!

Kelly said...

You're the prettiest warrior I've ever seen, princess. Just try to see the thinning hair as a sure sign the cancer is being eradicated instead of just hair falling out. Think of yourself as a chrysalis (yikes, spelling) in your treatment cocoon. I can't wait to see the butterfly that will emerge!
Love,
Kelly
Kelly

Becky said...

Do not ever let cancer "define" you Jill. When you look in that mirror...you should see strength, and beauty, and a fighting spirit that nothing can defeat. Toss on the cute wigs, hats, or nothing at all. I will be, and always have been, extremely proud to walk beside you. I love you.
Mom

Becky said...

Of course I didn't mean go out nekkid .

Cheryl M said...

Oh Jill, You are the most cutest cancer patient ever! I'm so proud of you so far through all of this!
YOU ROCK!!!!

-Cheryl