Sunday, August 21, 2011

Attempting Normal

Today, we made a true attempt at doing something "normal" ... we headed to the lake, as we have done so many times this summer.  It is one of my very favorite places to be. There is something amazing about the sun, the water, the laughter, and the memories we make each time we back that beautiful boat into the water ...

Although it was a relaxing day, it was so difficult to find the joy I felt just a few weeks ago.  And, believe me, it's not just the boat or the lake ... it's everything!  I feel like my zest for life is gone ... and it makes me SO mad ...

More than anything, I want "normal" back ...

I do realize, though, that only time will bring that back for me.  And, as I have said before, it is my hope and prayer that this journey will allow me to enjoy days like these more than I ever have.  And, for those that are with me on this journey, I hope that you will stop and take a moment to realize how special this life is ... and that you will never take for granted the things that bring you joy!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Hang in there sweetie. I know this is a really scary down time for you right now. And, that is "normal". When this is all over, each day, each hour will be bigger and brighter and more wonderful than ever before. That will be your reward for your courage and strength. I love you Jill.

Wendy said...

Carol shared this blog address with us last night. We are praying so hard for you right now! Fight hard!

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:6-7

Sue said...

Jill - here's what I had left the other day ... when my Bible reading/studying made me think of you ...

"And the Holy Spirit helps us in our distress. For we don't even know what we should pray for, now how we should pray. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God's own will. And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Romans 8:26-28

to that, my Life Applications section says "As a believer, you are not left to your own resources to cope with problems. Even when you don't know the right words to pray, the Holy Spirit prays with and for you, and God answers. With God helping you pray, you don't need to be afraid to come before him. Ask the Holy Spirit to intercede for you "in harmony with God's own will." Then, when you bring your requests to God, trust that he will always do what is best."

Sue said...

...the other verses were:

"Can anything ever separate us from Christ's love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or are hungry or cold or in danger or threatened with death" (Even the Scriptures say, "For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.") No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from his love. Death can't, and life can't. The angels can't, and the demons can't. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, and even the powers of hell can't keep God's love away. Whether we are high above the sky or in the deepest ocean, nothing in all creation will ever separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:35-39

... and the Life Application study section says: "No matter what happens to us, no matter where we are, we can never be separated from his love. Suffering should not drive us away from God but help us to identify with him and allow his love to heal us."

I know, I know ... this is so much easier to say and/or read than it is to live. I understand ... but still, I thought of you and pray that it gives you strength.

Praying for you and the whole family.