Thursday, August 25, 2011

Facing Fear

Fear ... I think that is what has shaped this day ... the fear of the unknown.  There is nothing easy about fighting cancer ... emotionally or physically ... and today, I let fear get the best of me.

This is my first, and hopefully last, experience with a life-threatening disease and, to be honest, it is REALLY scary and amazingly overwhelming.  Often, my days are filled with terrifying thoughts and unpleasant visions of the future.  I honestly make every attempt to clear my mind of the negativity, but it is difficult at times.

I am sure this will not be the last of days like these, but I pray that as I progress through this journey and face my fears, I will continue to gain courage and strength.  And soon, these visions WILL become a thing of the past and I will be blessed with a future brighter than anything I could have ever imagined ...

Here's to a better day tomorrow ...

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face ... You must do the thing you think you cannot do." 
-Eleanor Roosevelt

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Hang in there... I can't even imagine what your thoughts are, but know that you have many people who love you and are behind you all the way! I wish you a better day tomorrow:)

debbie said...

My arms are around you!!

Matthew said...

Keep that junk out of your head!

Don't worry, 'bout a thing, cause every little things, gonna be alright!

Becky said...

My beautiful child...if I could take this for you, I would...without hesitation. But, whenever you need me to be, I can be strong enough for both of us. While there are some things unknown...there are even more known. You are in great hands, you have an army of people behind you...and the love of God. You are going to be fine. I love you. Mom

Anonymous said...

The counter part of fear is faith It is more than tough to face each new day. To me, faith is, even in total darkness, having enough faith and courage to take that step forward. Jill, I know you have STRONG faith and I know you will beat this thing.

Anonymous said...

Hope you're having a good day!