Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Little Things

This morning, I woke up thinking about all of the amazing little things people have said and done for me over the past two weeks.  I cannot begin to tell you how much each of you mean to me and how very much I appreciate everything that you are doing to lift my spirits.

One of the little things that sticks out in my mind was sent to me in an email just yesterday ... by my wonderful mother ...

"It's weird....I choose not to think that you have "cancer".  For some reason, that makes me think about people who have it all over them...you know?  In their bones or several organs.  I choose to think that you have a very small tumor that has cancer in it.  And...it's coming out.  The rest of it is just to be sure it won't be coming back."

It's funny ... the word "cancer" is terrifying, but each of you have found a special way to make this journey a little less scary ... and for that, I will be forever grateful!

Since you are reading this blog, you are asked to say a prayer for me and my family.  Then, put a smile on your face and get on with this beautiful weekend ... and cherish every moment ...

1 comment:

Amanda Millage-Hills said...

From my family to yours we are praying for you! Stay strong.