Thursday, August 18, 2011

Completely Overwhelmed

Although I thought this morning would be a simple, somewhat lighthearted appointment, I left with the realization that this is going to be an amazingly LONG process.  There are so many steps to my recovery ... I feel completely overwhelmed.  Cancer SUCKS!

At this moment, I should be at the beach for our "girl's weekend" that's been planned for over a year.  Instead, I am here ... at the very beginning of the fight of my life ... it's just not fair!

Today, this quote sticks out in my mind ...

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right."
-Henry Ford

I know I can ... and I will ... I will fight this and I will SURVIVE.  I just have to figure out a way to fight back the tears and find strength ...

As I have said before, thank you all so very much for your love and support.  I would not be able to do this without each and every one of you!  Please remember to say a prayer for me and for my family every time you read this blog!

Now ... there is a smile in there somewhere ... I am going to go find it ...

1 comment:

GloriaL said...

Hey Jill,
I know your on information over load but I wanted to pass along a friends name and email that is a breast cancer survivor who recently completed her reconstruction plastic surgery ( they used her own body fat to give her some new "girls"). She may be a great positive resource for you! Her name is Melanie Brown Dillard and her email is meldillard@yahoo.com. She is on Facebook too! I sent her the link to your blog so maybe y'all can chat? Anyways, I am thinking of you!