Sunday, August 28, 2011

Seeking Serenity

At this point, I would give ANYTHING for some serenity ...

Today, this is my prayer ...

God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and wisdom to know the difference.

10 comments:

Mel Etherton said...

Dear Jill, You probably know the story about Norman Cousins who cured himself of cancer with laughter and wrote a book about it. He rented Laurel and Hardy movies and watched them for hours on end laughing his butt off. It couldn't hurt to try it when you're ready. I'm thinking about you every day and sending my love.

Becky said...

Jill...right now I know that the fear and anticipation are overwhelming...but I honestly believe that when you start treatment and are on the road to recovery, you will find the peace you are looking for and need. You are a goal-oriented person...always have been. Just try to keep your "eye on the prize". I love you. Mom

CarolLeeAhlstedt said...

Dear Jill, I know you are scaRED,BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER gOD iS WITH YOU ! You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. This verse has helped me so much!! Remember you are loved very much and also Scott and the kids. I am praying for you and also my church is praying for you. Love you, Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill,

Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you. I've been reading your updates and sort of lurking around here. I tried leaving a comment when I first found out, but I wasn't signed in and it ate my entire comment...

-Troy

Dad said...

This thing won't last forever,
You'll get over it, you'll see,
Things will very shortly,
Be like they used to be,
You just keep your chin up and on this you can depend,
Everything will turn out right,
Believe me,
In the end

Remember that I am holding your hand and enveloping you in my love 24/7/365.

Dad

Mary Collis said...

I like it! Say it...pray it...mean it...believe it.

Alisha said...

Women agonize... over cancer; we take as a personal threat the lump in every friend's breast.  ~Martha Weinman Lear, Heartsounds

Jill, I wish more than anything I could take this away from you. I wish I could soothe your pain, fear and anxiety. I would and will do anything for you. Just say the word. We have been through so much together and we will get through this! Until then, I will be there through the tears and the sadness and eventually the smiles and the laughter. I love you!

Anonymous said...

We'll Say it and live it everyday! Love you More!!
Auntie Tissy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rose said...

Jill keep on smiling.
when you start feeling low, just keep saying Jesus over and over. He knows your heart and your neediness right now. He will nuture and fill you up at this difficult time. I know what it's like to be overwelmed. Sometimes it's more information than what we want to know.