Today was a very long day ...
First and foremost, I chose the trial ... so with that comes several preliminary tests ...
We headed to Emory this morning for a PET scan, an echocardiogram, and an EKG. We arrived around 10:30 and waited ... and waited ... and waited! Finally, we were able to see Dr. Zelnak, one of the head doctors of the trial ... our doctor is on a well-deserved vacation. Although it was very difficult, the paperwork is signed and I am comfortable with my decision.
Next, it was time for the PET scan ... and we waited ... and waited ... and waited! Once we got the test underway, more than an hour after our appointment time, I was given a nasty drink and an injection of a radioactive isotope. Then, we had to wait ... again ... for over an hour before the scan! Once I was on the table, it only took about 30 minutes and wasn't bad at all ... thank goodness!
Next, I was supposed to have an echocardiogram. Well, it was 4:30 and the test takes about 45 minutes. So, of course, we couldn't have it done ... apparently the clock comes to a screeching halt at 5:00, cancer or not ... very frustrating!
Luckily, there were a few hard workers on site and I was able to have a required EKG and baseline bloodwork done.
Overall, it was a successful day ... now I am praying for GREAT results! Assuming all is well, I will have the echocardiogram done on Wednesday and will be ready to begin my oral medication on Thursday ...
As scared as I am, I'm ready to fight and I know, deep down in my heart, I can do this and I will come out on top ... CANCER-FREE!
7 comments:
LIke I have told you before...you got this!! Now is the time where you put up a fight!!! I am praying like crazy for you!!! Love you.
Stay strong Jill. Staying positive is key no matter what!
You, Scott and the children are in my mind, heart and spirit everyday! These unpleasantries are the foundation of your future health. This is the beginning of the end to your cancer. Go Princess Warrior! Love, Kelly
Keep strong and we are praying for you!
Good morning Princess Warrior! (I like that) You have your battle plan in place and your army behind you, you are winning already!! Love You!
You are on your way to your goal. There will obviously be good days and not-so-good days along the way. Be strong during the not-so-good and really, really cherish the good ones. This damned roller coaster ride will end and you will be cancer free. Even though we all may not be able to be with you physically...you know that every one of us is holding your hand. One step at a time sweetie. I am here for whatever you need, whenever you need it. I love you.
Mom
Keep that great fighting attitude and you will overcome all obstacles and defeat this thing. Remember that you are never alone on this journey. We are all there with you all the time to help carry you to VICTORY! I Love You!!
Dad
Post a Comment