First things first ... I am NOT puking ... I actually feel pretty darn good! Aside from getting very little sleep last night ... I have not one complaint! The big question is WHY? Of course, I am on some SERIOUS anti-nausea medication ... so that could be the main factor ... OR ... I could give the credit to the Corona I drank last night ...
I choose the beer ... and here's the story ...
Yesterday, before I left, my wonderful neighbors gave me a bag FULL of goodies. As I was digging through it, I noticed a Corona in the pocket ... and, of course, I was intrigued ... I mean we do have LOTS of fun on Redbud Terrace, but BEER after CHEMO ... I just didn't get it!
Well, one of my neighbor's mom's friends, Raye, was diagnosed with breast cancer several years ago. She was told to drink a Corona after her first treatment of chemotherapy ... it apparently curbs the side effects ... so she did, and it worked! Raye shared her experience with her doctor and, a few years later, she, too, was diagnosed. After her doctor's first treatment ... she also drank a Corona ... and it WORKED! She made a point to call Raye and share her excitement!
So, last night ... I raised my glass, in honor of taking this first BIG step to becoming CANCER-FREE ... and, of course, in hopes of having a few less side effects ...
Cheers ...
4 comments:
Glad to hear it!
Bottoms Up :-)
Viva Carona!!!
Here's to you and your Corona!
So glad to hear the Corona worked! Raye was very specific about what type of Corona and only on the first evening after chemo. Yet another excuse to throw one back every now and again. For medicinal purposes, of course!
Cheers to a great day tomorrow! :)
Love,
Kelly
Post a Comment