Well, this morning the rash was worse ... quite a bit worse ... so bad, in fact, that the deep red color within the red patches was turning purple ... and painful. So, I was ordered to head to Emory for an appointment with Kate, my oncology nurse.
It only took Kate a moment to recognize the severity of it. Since my doctor is not in the office on Wednesdays, she asked the head of oncology to come in for a peek. And, the recommendation ... stop Sorafenib, take oral steroids, and give the rash time to heal.
Once the rash subsides, I will continue taking Sorafenib ... just a lower dose. Apparently, these side effects are very common and adjustments to the dosage are necessary in most cases. They are confident that I will be able to tolerate a lower dose ... and, more importantly, I have been assured that this break will not affect the outcome of treatment.
Tomorrow, we are headed back to the hospital to see Dr. O'Regan. Hopefully, we will have our questions answered and will be back on the path to CANCER-FREE before we know it!
Thank you all for your prayers ... they are working ... relief is coming soon!
4 comments:
We are praying for you! We are here if you need anything.
I am so sorry...dumb rash!! I hope you are getting some relief. You have been on my mind all day! Please know if there is anything you need ask me! I am here for you!
I'm sure your rash will clear soon, now that you are taking a break from the meds, getting the steroids and reintroducing in a lower dose. I know one thing for sure....you will look back and laugh at this itchy bitchy rash!!!!
Stay strong, Princess Warrior.
Love,
Kelly
Enjoy the break from the meds and have a really great time on vacation. Make the most of every single day you are feeling good. I love you.
Mom
Post a Comment