This morning, I have been looking back at pictures of my precious children. It is amazing how quickly they grow up ... Maddie is almost 8 years old and Andrew is almost 5. In some ways, I wish time would stand still ... but, in others, I wish I could fast-forward ...
Now that I have been diagnosed with cancer, I live in fear every day. I am only 34 years old and I want to see my children grow up, get married, and have babies of their own ... I don't want to have cancer and I don't want to live with the fear of dying ... and missing it all!
Somehow, I need to realize that I have a REALLY good shot at this and, more than likely, I am going to live a long and happy life ...
"Faith is the only known cure for fear."
-Lena K. Sadler
4 comments:
Instead of telling God how bad your cancer might be--TELL YOUR CANCER HOW FAITHFUL, LOVING AND POWERFUL YOUR GOD IS!
You will defeat this Jill. You will live a long and happy life.
You know what your doctor told you..."you will not die from this...we just have some work to do". Remember that...every minute of every day. Believe it! I love you.
Mom
Jill, I remember having the same thoughts you are, I just kept telling myself that defeat was NOT an option and that I WOULD get better. I know those fears are normal, but you WILL get better so focus on the positive!!
When you get tired of looking back on your recent days as being wasted because you have allowed fear and sadness to be on the forefront of your life, you can begin to behave differently. You will focus on the positive and expell the negative. This cancer is temperary. Find your joy...it is waiting for you.
Love,
Kelly
Post a Comment