This morning, we saw Dr. O'Regan and Kate for my regularly scheduled appointment. It was short and sweet ...
Dr. O'Regan took a glance at my wonderful rash and confirmed that a break from treatment is certainly the best decision. Since we will be on vacation next week, she recommended that I call on Tuesday to report the status of my rash ... and send a photo for their study records. Assuming it is under control, I will restart Sorafenib at half the dosage ... just one in the morning and one at night. This, we have been assured, will not affect the outcome of treatment.
Obviously, this rash has been just CRAZY ... but, I think the medication is working. Although there is no radiological confirmation, it feels smaller now than it did just two weeks ago ... yes, you heard correctly ... I feel SHRINKAGE! And, I am not alone ... Dr. O'Regan, Kate, and Scott all agree ... it appears to be responding to the treatment!
In a little less than two weeks, I will have a second PET scan to evaluate the tumor and the effectiveness of Sorafenib thus far. Until then, I will continue to pray for SHRINKAGE ... and the strength and courage to endure these next few months ... please pray with me!
7 comments:
Wohoo!! Yeah for shrinkage!!! Hope you enjoy your vacation next week!
I can't help myself....this is one time Jill and Scott think SHRINKAGE is a good thing! It is wonderful news...the enemy is in retreat, princess. Have a wonderful vacation in Florida with your family!
Love,
Kelly
Will do! You better hope all these shrinkage prayers don't overflow onto Scott, he can't stand any more shrinkage! ZING!!! HA!
Hoping for the best!
Have a wonderful week at the beach! Family is the best medicine of all! Prayers continue!
That's great news, Jill!!
There is nothing more encouraging than success. Obviously, there will be lots of battles along your journey. But when you win the war, it will all be worth it. You are an amazing, strong, resilient woman. Hang in there sweetie. I love you.
Mom
Yeah!!! Hope you are enjoying your beach vacation and enjoying the shrinkage!!!!!! Thinking of you and sending lots of prayers!!
Post a Comment