Friday, August 19, 2011

Finding the Words

So, today I feel like writing, but I have no idea how to put my thoughts into words.  I just cannot believe what a drastic turn my life has taken.

I am typically a strong person ... it takes a lot to make me cry.  Now, you'd better watch out ... you just never know what you're going to get from me ... a smile or a complete meltdown.  It's a little ridiculous and it's getting really old.

In just a few days, though, we will be making our final decision regarding my course of treatment.  I am SO looking forward to putting this part of the journey behind me and beginning to focus on the future.  Hopefully, once I am on my way to ridding myself of this hideous disease, I can begin to focus on healing ... both physically and emotionally.

I realize, though, that I am a different person now.  Cancer has forever changed my life.  It is my hope and prayer that I can find good in this journey ... begin to REALLY enjoy each day, cherish the little things, and appreciate the amazing people in my life even more than I already do!

Here's to a good day ...

"If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them.  When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope?  We have two options, medically and emotionally:  give up, or fight like hell." 
-Lance Armstrong

 I choose to FIGHT LIKE HELL!

4 comments:

Becky said...

I am so very proud of you Jill.

Lynne said...

Jill, I just wanted you to know how much I LOVE this whole family. Every day when I make my ice water run for the kids I stop in and make sure that I tell the big GUY upstairs again what a wonderful family you have and that he needs to keep an eye on you and take care of you. If I can ever do anything for you please let me know. I love that I get to spend time with you and Andrew.

debbie said...

Jill
I can't imagin all the thoughts that must go through you head each day....why,how, when,what if... It hurts for me to thing about it. But that's when I'm glad you are you. Strong powerful, determined, bullheaded,confident,and can surf on the lake...I believe you being you is how you will triumph.
Love you always, The Papster

Anonymous said...

Dear jill

You hang in there! Your going to get through this and you will br fine....
A journal is the right direction, it will keep you focused. The hard part is the waiting, waiting when you know this word CANCER is in your body and you just want to get it out and go on!! But there are test, more test and delays. Mine was a year of test, the then finally surgery. So be patient and take many deep breaths. You know the Father never promised us a smooth road, it's full of bumps and many many potholes. But He does promise us a safe landing. And that He will never leaves us or forsake us. For that we are so very thankful. He nver gives us more than we can handle. We don't always understand the why's, but do iknow that He's always there with His arms open wide, just waiting for us to fall in and feel His peace and comfort. Jill you know that I have been down this road. I know what you are feeling sweetie, and my heart cries out for you. There will be times you just want to scream. Many tears shed in the shower behind closed doors. But Jill, it's in God's hands. He's in control. It's also His timing not ours. He's the healer and provider of all things. He will strengthen and guide you through this. All things are possible through Him. He will be with you as you ride out this storm. I'm here for you and I'm praying for you.. Hope I have your permission to add you to our sunday school prayer list. Our ladies are the best prayer warriors.
Love and Blessings Rose