Thursday, August 25, 2011

Strong Enough

Truthfully, I am not sure what changed between yesterday and today.  Yesterday, I wrote about acceptance ... wishful thinking, I guess.  More than anything, I want to accept the fact that I have cancer.  But, today, that feeling of strength and confidence is gone and the tears have returned.  

What I know, without a doubt, is that I am not alone in this journey.  I am surrounded by family and friends ... and when I feel that I am not strong enough, I find myself looking to God.  I realize that there will be good days and bad along the way, but I have never been more secure in my faith ... and I know He will see me through this ... 

Thank you, Elizabeth, for sending me this video ... at just the right moment ...

Strong Enough - Matthew West

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Over the past week, every time I have heard this song, I think about you and pray for you! Such an amazing song, and such truth in the lyrics...God is definitely strong enough! !

Becky said...

My sweet girl...I honestly believe that tears are part of the healing. You shouldn't expect to be strong and fearless all the time. No one can be. Although there are going to be highs and lows along your journey...remember that at the end of it, there will be an amazing high. When it's gone and you have won. The roller coaster ride to get there is the hard part. Just hang on and focus on your destination. I love you. Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi, honey!! Consider this a really big hug and cuddle. I FINALLY think I figured out how to send you a comment. I have been checking your signt every day and think of you and yours every second of every day. You are in our hearts, prayers and every minute of every day living. The ups and downs are to be expected but do know we are here for you. Stay strong, keep your faith and take tiny, little baby steps to conquer each day! I know you will!! God bless. Love you, Barb

sue Staber said...

Hi Jill,
Just wanted to let you know we are praying for you. If you need to call my sister in law, she will be more than happy to speak to you. She has gone though this and it has been 7 years now . She has also been a nurse for over 30 years. She is doing great and feels great. She also has 2 children and a husband. They really helped her get through it along with her friends and other family members and of course gods will. If u need any help let me know. We are here for you and your family.
God bless you and your family,
Sue and Scott Staber