Monday, September 12, 2011

Spots

Well, today has been a little overwhelming.  As my initial phase of treatment, I have been taking Sorafenib orally for almost two weeks.  And, for some reason, I thought I was in the clear as far as significant side effects are concerned ... boy, was I wrong!  Last night, I noticed the beginning of a rash on the tops of my legs ... and this morning ... it is EVERYWHERE!  


I realize that this should bring with it a bit of relief ... I now know that the medication is in my system and is working.  But, I am actually feeling angry ... and frustrated ...

I am 34 years old and should be enjoying the greatest time of my life.  Instead, I am fighting a disease that I didn't ask for ... don't want ... and don't deserve.  Of course, as I expected, there will be good days and bad along the way ... I will not give up, though ... no matter what!  

Here's to embracing my spots ... my numb tongue, tender scalp, sore feet ... and all of the other side effects in the future!

6 comments:

Faye said...

Ouch on the spots.... Stay strong.

GodVine
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." - Joshua 1:9

With a promise like that, you have nothing to fear. God is with you. ✝

You are in my daily prayers.

debbie said...

Love you!

Kelly said...

Just as the medication is affecting your skin, so too is it affecting the cancer cells. See this rash as your "bio army" on attack! This is a temperary condition, celebrate it. This too shall pass.....
Love,
Kelly

Becky said...

It's working! I love you.
Mom

Dad said...

As unpleasant as this is it shows that the cancer cells are under attack and in retreat!

I Love You and am always with you on this journey!

Dad

"However great the hardship
Pursue with firmness the happy ending "

GloriaL said...

Jill,
Praying for the "spots" to go away! Also, praying for more "good" days than "bad" days! I think of you often and it too makes me angry for you!! Stupid CANCER....but one thing I've learned about you over the past couple of years is that you are one "TOUGH CHICK"!! You can and will kick cancers butt!!!!